Happy Halloween from Peace River RV & Camping Resort in Florida! A picture of the campsite can be seen below.
If I did Halloween camping again, I'd wake up wearing my costume. The sun sadly went down shortly after taking this photo.
With that being said, the weather was BEAUTIFUL! Good friends, good food, beer and more beer!
Peace River RV & Camping Resort
2555 River Rd, Wauchula, FL 33873
What I will bring next time:
• Something to protect my self-inflating air mattresses from dog nails
• A mesh bag for dishes to hang dry
• More mosquito protection
• Sleeping bag specifically for the dogs
• Bungee straps to pull excess tarp up in case of rain/condensation
• Cooler basket to separate meat
• Camping chairs, you know, to sit and drink beer from while watching a fire! I may have forgot them..
• More games. How did I forget the only game that ruins relationships?!! (UNO)
• Collapsible shovel
• Something to hang dry clothes/towels
What I will reduce:
• Less dog food. Brought wayyy to much rice and boiled eggs for Gus.
• The amount of dry goods. Especially when there are stores just down the road. Saves weight.
• I won't bring a beach mat next time for the dogs. They enjoy the cool sand and itchy grass I guess. Instead, I'd like to bring something thinner and lighter for packing.
• I'm not a fan of cups AND bowls. I will be finding an alternative for both that can also handle heat. One of my good friends brought his multi-use cup that has foldable handles.
• Garbage - This one is always hard for me. Everything is packaged and makes so much waste. Although, with the stuff I just purchased, it's a one time deal, so there won't be as much trash generated.
• I took a Brita water filter to the site hoping I would have some fresh water...that water tasted awful! Instead, I'll be trying a couple alternative water filters. I definitely won't be bringing the Brita filter and I most likely won't purchase anymore from that company.
There's a lot more to cover, but I figured this would be a great snapshot of what the weekend was like.
As promised, here's a photo of the set-up. If you have any suggestions or tips, please add them.
I want to read them all.
Thanks for stopping by!